Who We Are
The Avon Winter Guard ensemble provides students the ability to excel regardless of their experience. With three different groups within the Winter Guard, students can develop color guard skills as they desire and strive for their personal best.
The Avon Winter Guard consists of the World Guard, the A Guard, and the Cadet Guard.
World Guard: The World Guard competes at the highest level of accountability and challenge for students. The placement for World Guard is based on the ability assessed during the marching band season. World Guard is a class, meeting during the school day, and after school for practices and competitions. Their class meets all year long, with competitions occurring January to April.
A Guard: The A Guard is a non-cut ensemble designed to help students develop their individual skills. A Guard is a class, meeting during the school day, and after school for practices and competitions. They compete in A class competitions.
Cadet Guard: Cadet Guard is a middle school club designed to give students an introduction to color guard fundamentals. Cadet Guard does perform multiple times during the winter season.
Daniel Wiles, Guard Director
- 3 Time WGI World Class World Champions (2009, 2018, 2019)
- 9 Time IHSCGA World Class State Champions (2003-2004, 2006-2009, 2018-2019, 2021)
- 19 Time WGI Finalist (2000-2011, 2013-2019)
- 6 Time IHSCGA State Finalist (2004-2005, 2007-2008, 2014, 2021)
- 2 Time IHSCGA Open Class State Champions (2000-2001)
- 2006 IHSCGA State Finalist